The US Consulate has asked that the families not attend the Visa appointment with their children as it puts pressure on them to get out a same day Visa and makes for angry parents if this miss thier flights. Because we gave POA to our adoption administrater they can take the child to the apt. and when the Visa is in hand the parent can go get their child. I am trying to decide if I like this or not. On the positive it means I don't have to ever go to Port au Prince unless I want to fly American. On the negative when you had a Visa apt. you knew exactly when you would go. Now I will know when the Visa apt. is but cannot make travel plans until after the Visa is at hand. What is a few days......a lifetime when you haven't seen your child in a year and when it has been three years in process. I agree it is more convienent as Pierre and I sat around in Dr. Bernard's office a day and a half. That as not a complaint just a statement of how it was. If it comes that I go get Kendy and Jeffrey isn't ready then what? Visiting COTP wasn't an option when I was there before because of the trauma of leaving them behind. I guess it is the same ole, same ole.......wait and see.
I love this song "How Great is Our God" When I see Pierre smile and pinch myself that he is really home I sing with all my heart and say thank you. He is such a blessing to Wes and myself. He is very smart and is good at playing (especially in the dirt!) It is a joy to see him pray for his brothers to come home soon, to grow his vocabulary, and to feel safe and loved here, at home.
Adoption is not for everyone but I am blessed that God laid it upon our hearts.
Blessings,
Julie
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment