
One of the new experiences I had traveling to Haiti this time was flying from Port au Prince to Cap Haitien. This means flying into PAP on an American Airlines....you know three seats across and then after you land, you must take a taxi maybe a mile to the "small airport". We had a three hour wait in this small airport before we spent 20 minutes to get to CAP. One small disadvantage is that most do not speak English at this airport and if they do, we didn't understand it! There are lots of helpers though....ones to carry your luggage, ones to help you check in, ones to guard your luggage as you check in and all in the Haitian spirit, don't worry we will take care of you and now my tip please.

There were three airlines working out of this airport. One was for other cities in Haiti and another for some of the other small islands close by. This is a picture of the ticketing counter. The airport was very full most of the time. They issued boarding passes which were laminated and in different colors and we were to watch to see when others with the same passes got up and were to follow.
We managed to find the right plane to board. You walk out the "boarding gate" onto the "tarmac" and there sits your plane.

We also got front row seats as they board "front to back."

The pilots were very good and yes they shut the window before we took off. Although the pilot had a towel he kept very close to wipe his face often....it was a little warm and I was glad this was a short trip.
I will try to post more pictures later most of these were taken by Patricia and I was so thankful that I didn't have to travel by myself this trip.
Blessings,
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment